A man identified as Emeka Joseph Ozoekweh, and his wife have died after eating wedding food given to them at a wedding ceremony they attended in Umuozu, Uratta, Abia State.

Emeke was said to be the Secretary of the Timber Dealers Association in Abia State. It was gathered that the couple had chaired the wedding and when they were going, they were handed a takeaway pack.

Husband and wife die after eating wedding food

They reportedly ate the food with their housemaid, who is currently in a critical condition and receiving treatment at the hospital.

According to reports, no one around them knew of their death until their colleagues at the market came home to check on them after calls made to their phones were left unanswered.

It was at that point that some of the neigbhours used ladder to climb into their compound, only to discover their bodies and that of their maid who was eventually taken to the hospital for treatment.

ALSO READ  Belvedere and visual artist unveil new limited edition bottle - Food Travel Arts Culture

Their corpses have been deposited in a mortuary pending an autopsy to determine whether their death was as a result of food poison as being speculated.



Leave a Reply